Monday, April 26, 2010

No more infringement on Copyright

No more infringement on copyright

Intellectual Property Department. (2007). Hong Kong's amended copyright law: a guide for teachers and students. Retrieved 28 Dec 2007 from http://www.ipd.gov.hk/eng/intellectual_property/copyright/edu_guide.pdf.

I usually use video clips, movies, songs to facilitate my English lessons. On the one hand, it is easy for me to prepare my lesson. On the other hand, it can motivate students to learn English in a different way. However, after I have read the leaflet, I really understand I have infringed the copyright.

The leaflet stresses some changes from Copyright Ordinance which affects students and teachers and the ordinance helps to make reasonable and fair use of copyright works for teaching and learning purposes in suitable circumstances without violating the copyright laws.

From now on, I have to pay attention to the issue of copyright before I use any materials related to intellectual property. Acknowledgement is one of the solutions to cope with such problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment